A Gift of Life Insurance
Giving through Life Insurance
We often hear our donors say, “I wish I could do more.” The gift of life insurance can be an effective and affordable way to make a transformative gift to the BCHS Foundation. When you donate through life insurance, you can give the Brant Community Healthcare System Foundation access to the policy’s cash value during your lifetime, and make a substantial gift later on in the form of the policy’s death benefit.
There are several options for making a significant donation that will impact the future delivery of care:
How giving through life insurance works
- Name the BCHS Foundation as the owner and beneficiary of a new policy. Any premiums will then be considered a donation and are eligible for a tax receipt.
- Name the BCHS Foundation as owner and beneficiary of an existing policy. Any future premiums the individual pays will be considered a donation and are eligible for a tax receipt.
- Retain ownership of the policy but designate BCHS Foundation as the beneficiary or one of the beneficiaries. Your estate then receives a tax receipt for the proceeds of the policy.
Life Insurance Policy Examples for $100,000/10 Year Payment Plan *:
- An average healthy 35-year-old male is $99/month
- Average healthy 50-year-old female is $172/month
- After 10 years of monthly payments, the policy is paid in full.
For more information on gifts of life insurance, premium payments and overall benefits, please contact Kari Wilson at the BCHS Foundation at (519) 751-5544 ext. 5509 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For details on leaving a donation using a Bequest in your Will, please click HERE.